Life expectancy in Australia in increasing which means a) we are more likely to reach an age where we will require access to Aged Care Services and b) the competition to access these services will grow. From aged 65, men have nearly a 70% chance, and women nearly a 50% chance of requiring Aged Care in the lifetime.
When the time comes to enter in to Aged Care, it can often be fraught with stress, fear, and uncertainty. Whilst it can be a gradual recognition that you are no longer able to manage living in your own home, it can also unfortunately arise following a medical incident where decisions need to be made whilst you are in hospital, and often on your behalf.
The Aged Care Specialists at Sydney Wealth Advisers can assist if you:
Intend to plan ahead should you require Aged Care in the future,
Require Aged Care Services immediately, or
Are working with a family member or close friend who requires Aged Care Services.
ENJOY YOUR GOLDEN YEARS ON YOUR TERMS.
We can work with you to create a tailored Aged Care Advice strategy by:
- Determining which Aged Care Services (e.g. Home Care and Residential Care) are available to you and what the eligibility requirements are for each option (e.g. ACAT assessment).
- Investigating Residential Aged Care options and their respective entry and ongoing costs, in order to secure a desired placement and acceptable fee structure.
- Structuring your investments and finances to ensure long-term income, capital security and tax efficiency when funding your Aged Care strategy.
- Organising your Centrelink entitlements and maximising access to additional benefits, such as the Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.
- Deciding what you should do with the family home (i.e. sell, downsize, rent) to optimise either a) your ability to age at home or b) your accommodation costs and pension entitlements.
- Arranging your Estate Planning to enable an efficient estate transfer to beneficiaries in line with your wishes.
- Regularly reviewing your strategy to maintain its effectiveness.
Your Aged Care Advice Specialist will work with you and your support network (doctors, accountants, solicitors, and family) to ensure your wishes are implemented and you are receiving high quality and adequate care. Enjoy the peace-of-mind that you will live out your golden years with quality of life and financial security.